One of our readers best summed this chili oil: “it’s magic . . . in a little jar.”
And we have to agree—S&B Chili Oil With Crunchy Oil should come with a surgeon general warning . . . this stuff can become habit forming!
After we tried this on dumplings, we were tempted to throw out the rest of the chili oil we were testing and just crown this stuff the winner overall. The only downside: it is quite pricey! We think it is worth the splurge, though.
What We Liked
• Made in Japan.
• Crunchy texture. Amazing!
• Favorite as dipping sauce for dumplings.
• Great as a finishing sauce for fish dishes.
• Flavor is very addictive!
What Needs Work
• Contains MSG.
• Has gluten.
• Jar contains BPA warning.
• Not exactly a “clean” food. This jar somewhat indecipherable ingredients like disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate, and mixed tocopherols.
• Allergy alert: contains tree nuts (almond), sesame.