We know, why spend a fortune on a baby scale when you use it for a short period of time? We hear you—and you don’t have to spend a fortune to find an accurate, easy to use scale. For best budget-friendly baby scale, we thought Beuerer has the best bang for the buck. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Minimalist design. There’s no extra baby tray. Instead the unit’s sides are curved to keep a fussy baby from rolling off the scale. We also liked the no-skid rubber feet.
• Measures down to tenth of a pound (or 5 grams).
• Batteries are included. The scale runs on two AA batteries.
• Auto hold and manual hold functions. The manual hold lets you take a quick measurement in case your baby is squirmy.
What’s Needs Work
• Switch for units is on bottom of scale? Yes, you can switch among ounces, pounds and kilograms—but why the maker put on back of the scale was a mystery to us.
• Only weighs down to tenth of a pound. That means if you weight your child at, say, 15.3 pounds and your doctor wants the weight in pounds and ounces, you have to do some math.
• Only works up to 44 pounds for toddlers. That’s less than other scales. And toddlers have to be weighed sitting down, since the curved tray makes it harder to stand up to be weighed.