The best travel humidifier for you depends on what you need—are you looking for a small, portable model with night light? What about a model that works via USB power, where a power outlet may not be handy?
Other travel humidifiers are designed to work with water bottles.
If you need a portable humidifier with a night light, we’d recommend this model: MOVTIP’s portable mini humidifier. We liked the overall compact size (it holds 500 ml of water) yet has enough capacity to run for four hours (on high setting).
What We Liked
• USB powered. That’s nice because many hotel rooms now have USB plugs on the nightstand.
• Super compact size (roughly 4″ wide and tall.).
• Auto-shut off.
• Cotton swab filter.
• LED night light has 2 modes—steady or flickering (like a candle). We thought the latter was too distracting, but we know some folks find it soothing.
• Great for tropical plants.
• Works with tap or mineral water.
What Needs Work
• Not rechargeable. No battery. That’s right—this humidifier just works via USB power.
• Small tank (500 ml) = short run time. In real world testing, this humidifier runs for about 4 hours. Not bad, but not designed for overnight use. Then again, if you are using this humidifier to add moisture to a vehicle or small room, it will probably do the trick.
• Doesn’t work with distilled water.
• Can’t use essential oils.