Got a Medela Pump In Style, but have a new baby on the way and need a new collection kit? To the rescue come these parts sets, which are compatible with the Medela Pump In Style (made after 2006).
Before we get into specifics, one quick caveat: the breast flanges in these kits are one-piece—while they are affordable, we find them harder to clean than two-piece shields. If you prefer the latter, these can be purchased separately as breast shields and connectors.
Another quick bit of advice: confirm the model pump you have before purchasing these kits. Not all parts are compatible with all kits.
For a budget-friendly compatible set of parts for the Medela Pump in Style Advanced, we’d suggest Nenesupply’s kit. To be clear, these are NOT made by Medela, but they are compatible with the pump. These are aftermarket parts—they are not original manufacturer parts. Still, we think they are worthy of consideration.
What We Liked
• Easy to use.
• Includes 2 medium 24mm breast shields, 4 valves, 8 membranes and 2 tubes.
• Good quality.
• Six different sizes available for a better fit.
• BPA and DEHP free.
• Good as a backup set just in case you need spare parts. It’s always wise to have back-up parts for your breast pump, especially if you are exclusively nursing! Things do break, so having these as a spare is smart in our opinion!
What Needs Work
• Doesn’t include collection bottles. However, this kit is compatible with a wide range of bottles, including Medela and Dr. Brown’s (among others).
• 1-piece shields are harder to clean.
• Thinner plastic than Medela OEM shields. We didn’t think this matters much, but we see scattered reports these shields caused issues with suction. This was a minority, however. Most of our readers said they worked fine.
• Can’t always use these with a pumping bra.
• Doesn’t work with all Medela pumps—just the Pump In Style Advanced made after 2006.