If there is a snowball fight on your toddler’s to do list, these are the gloves you are looking for. SnowStoppers won the top honors in our mitten testing for their waterproof and warm design.
What We Liked
• Long cuffs. The secret to keeping warm in snow is keeping water out of the glove—these mittens are designed with long cuffs so they stay on and keep water/cold out.
• Waterproof shell and Thinsulate insulation.
• Grippy palms. Great for sledding or snowboarding.
• Wide variety of sizes. SnowStopps go from ages 1-3 years all the way up to ages 7-12.
• Adjustable strap for tight fit.
What’s Needs Work
• Not easy to put on. These mittens can be a challenge to put on some toddlers, according to our testers.
• Pricey. Yes, these mittens are more expensive, but considering how well they work, we think they are worth the money. By the way, if you have a child who loses mittens frequently, consider mitten clips. Our favorite: Hold’Em One Piece Mitten/Glove Clips for Kids/Toddler. This one piece elastic strap with clips on either end threads through your child’s coat sleeves and clips onto their mittens.