When it comes to breast pumps, think of Murphy’s Law: what part can break, will break . . . especially when you need it the most!
That’s why we recommend keeping a raft of spare parts on hand for any breast pump, Spectra included. One way to be prepared is to have a complete set of parts ready as a backup. For this, we’d recommend Maymom’s Pump Parts for Spectra S2. Here’s why:
What We Liked
• When we say complete set, we mean COMPLETE. This set has a two 24mm flanges, 2 duckbill valves, 2 tubes, 2 backflow protectors; 2 bottles with travel cap.
• Yes, collection bottles are included—for whatever reason, other sets tend to omit this.
• Parts can be sterilized by boiling, steaming or microwave steamer.
• Longer tubing (42″ vs 33″) than what comes with the pump—a nice plus.
• Affordable considering all that you get.
• Good as a backup.
• Different sizes of flanges are available.
What Needs Work
• Lids on the bottles can break if you aren’t careful.
• Valves could last longer. Spectra’s own valves seem to last longer, in our opinion.
• Flanges aren’t exactly the same size as Spectra’s. They are close, but not the same.