And now for a bit of a splurge: Parlux dryers are a favorite of professional stylists. We once stayed at a hotel that had one of these dryers and we fell in love with its overall performance and light weight.
Parlux has several models—this one (the 3500) has a diffuser accessory. Unfortunately, it isn’t included with the dryer—you have to purchase it separately.
Nonetheless, if you want to splurge on a hair dryer, this one is what we recommend.
What We Liked
• Longest cord! At 9 feet, this is the longest cord of the brands we tested.
• Excellent drying.
• Two concentrator nozzles.
• Quiet—well at least compared to the other models in this article!
• Very lightweight at just over 1 lb.
• Powerful at 2000 watts. That’s more than the 1875 watts of the other models in this article. And you can tell the difference!
What Needs Work
• Diffuser is extra purchase.
• Cord doesn’t swivel.
• Not as compact as you’d think. The maker calls this model “supercompact.” But it is larger than what most folks think is a compact or travel hair dryer.