When shopping for elderberry gummies, one term you’ll see mentioned frequently is sambucus. For the curious, that’s the scientific name for the genus of flowering plants that are commonly called elder or elderberry.
These gummies are designed for kiddos, with a lower dose of elderberry. The maker advises one gummie for kids 2 to 3 years old—this contains 50 mg of elderberry. For kids age four and older, two gummies are the suggested serving. Here’s more on why we thought these elderberry gummies were the best bets for kids:
What We Liked
• Good flavor.
• Easy to chew.
• Includes vitamin C and Zinc at lower potency so kids as young as two can take these.
• No artificial colors, flavoring or gelatin.
What Needs Work
• Cane sugar. Each gummy has 2 grams of cane sugar. Some folks think these gummies are too sweet.
• Other ingredients include tapioca syrup, pectin, palm & coconut oil and beeswax. We don’t have any concerns with these ingredients, but we know some parents may have concerns with these additives.
• Not vegan.
• Keep bottle away from kids. Toddlers can open the bottle, in our opinion after testing it ourselves.