When it comes to large diaper bags that work best for twins, you have two basic choices: tote-style bag or backpack.
There really isn’t a right or wrong answer to that question—some folks like the hands-free benefit of backpacks, but fans of totes think they are best.
It’s simplistic to say that parents of twins need a diaper bag that holds twice as much stuff as parents of singletons . . . but in this case, that’s true. So we were looking for the holy grail for large diaper bags: plenty of room, but still lightweight.
We tried out a raft of large diaper bag totes that would work for parents of twins, checking for quality, storage and functionality. In the end, we thought Pomelo’s tote was the best bet. We loved the overall design and light weight. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• 2 exterior pockets to quickly access often-used supplies.
• Elasticized pockets on either end of bag—nice to hold toys and other small items.
• Zippered pocket for laptop or tablet.
• Lightweight—2.1 lbs.
• Light colored interior lining makes it easier to find items.
• LARGE changing pad.
• Gender neutral color. Doesn’t scream “diaper bag!”
What Needs Work
• Strap clips break too easily said some of our readers. We didn’t have a problem with this on the bag we tested, but we didn’t do long-term testing that might touch on that durability issues.