When you are a breastfeeding mom pumping on the go, you need to carry quite a bit of supplies—the pump itself, collection bottles, storage bottles and more. And then, of course, you have the rest of your life! We personally tested a dozen bags designed for breast pumps before crowning this one as the best large tote-style bag: the Teamony’s Breast Pump bag. Here’s why:
What We Liked
• Fits the most popular, full-size pumps. The most popular breast pumps, Spectra and Medela, fit in this bag’s clever side-entry pockets. In fact, Spectra’s pump will fit with the tubes attached!
• Short or shoulder length straps. Our testers loved that flexility.
• Converts to diaper bag. A bonus extra use.
• Cooler bag and pockets galore.
What Needs Work
• It’s LARGE. For some parents, this bag is overkill. On the other hand, most of our testers thought it was perfect despite the large size.
• Loading it can be tricky. When you load this bag, you need to put the breast pump in first, then load the main compartment. If you do it the other way, the main compartment will collapse the breast pump pockets—making it hard to put the pump in!
• Shoulder strap latches can break after long-term use. We wish this bag’s durability was better in the long term, but that is a trade-off for the price.