If you are looking to give a snowsuit as a gift—or just need a higher quality snowsuit because you live in a cold climate, this is our top pick: The North Face Infant Thermoball Eco Bunting.
Yes, there are lots of expensive snowsuits out there . . . but this one topped the others in our Colorado testing. And we know a thing or two about cold weather.
What We Liked
• Full body coverage with fold over mittens and booties. You can fold over the mittens/booties or use your own, which is a nice option.
• Top quality insulation. We researched several synthetic insulation options and Primaloft is the best of the best, based on independent experts we interviewed. This snowsuit’s Primaloft insulation keeps baby warm—plus the hood is lined as well.
• Nylon ripstop exterior resists tearing.
• Good brand reputation. If you are planning a serious outdoor venture, this is the snowsuit we’d pick based on our hands-on testing.
• Sustainable. Primaloft is made from 100% post-consumer recycled polyester. And it insulates even if it gets wet, which is a big plus.
What’s Needs Work
• Pricey. Well, we said this was a splurge!