A wood dresser is a more traditional look for a baby nursery. And if you need more space for baby stuff, a six drawer dresser is a good bet.
After reviewing a half dozen different options, we think Storkcraft’s Avalon is the best bet for a white wood baby dresser. The traditional sleigh design is a classic look and the top can fit a changing pad (sold separately). Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Euro-glider drawers are easy to open.
• 6 drawers that are 17.5″ deep.
• Easy on the wallet. Many six drawer dressers made of wood can cost a mortgage payment. This one is easier on the wallet.
What Needs Work
• Dresser isn’t made of solid wood. Instead this dresser is made of engineered wood and composites. There’s nothing wrong with that—it is just as safe and sturdy. The composite wood material keeps the price affordable.
• Inspect immediately for any shipping damage. This can happen with any nursery dresser, but be sure to open and inspect immediately. In our research, we found this isn’t a common problem for this dresser . . . but can still happen, nonetheless!
• Color can vary. This is an issue with ordering any furniture online—depending on your monitor, the color of a dresser you see online may be slightly different in real life. This is less of an issue with the white color, of course. However, this dresser is also available in black, brown and grey . . . and may not be what you exact shade you might want.
• Could be easier to assemble. Set aside some time and patience to assemble this dresser.