After trying out several kitchen soap dispensers, here’s our favorite soap plus sponge holder: Casabella’s Sink Sider Solo Sponge.
When comparing soap dispensers, we looked for compact, sturdy dispensers that were easy to load with soap. Casabella’s hit all the right notes—plus it is easy on the wallet. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Compact. This caddy is only 3″ wide—so it can fit in narrow spaces.
• 2 storage areas for sponges (side and back).
• Easy to fill. It holds about 16 ounces of soap. A few dissenters found it hard to open for refills—but the test unit we tried was easy to open and fill.
• Base comes off for cleaning.
• Also available in black as well as a two-pump version.
• Nice looking.
What Needs Work
• No non-stick base? It would be nice if this dispender didn’t move around when you pumped soap. We didn’t find this too big of a drawback, however. It mostly stayed in place in our tests.
• Side sponge compartment doesn’t hold larger sponges. But they would fit in the back compartment.
• It’s plastic. Yes, it can crack if dropped on the floor.