Shower caddies come in two basic varieties: mesh and plastic.
Mesh shower caddies are lightweight and dry quickly . . . that’s what makes mesh great!
Plastic shower caddies are more study and can fit into smaller spaces—let’s be honest, many college dorm showers are not exactly spacious.
For the best budget-friendly shower caddy, we tried out several affordable brands before deciding Attmu’s Mesh Shower Caddy did a great job . . . at a price that is easy on the wallet. Here’s why:
What We Liked
• Side pockets! Very convenient.
• Dries quickly.
• Lightweight and easy to carry.
• Handles lets you hang it from a hook in a shower.
What Needs Work
• Pockets aren’t very deep so taller shampoo bottles may fall out.
• Single strap = balance issues. It would be nicer to have two straps. (One version of this caddy—the striped one—does have two handles).
• Too big? Too small? This caddy has 8 outer compartments and measures about 7″ by 6″ by 6″. We thought it was just the right size for most folks . . . but we know some people want something bigger. And others need to fit a shower caddy into a smaller space. For that, see our next pick.