We poured over research papers on the effectiveness of over-the-counter pregnancy tests and spoke with a board-certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience to come up with our recommendations for the best pregnancy test.
Then we asked our readers for their experiences and feedback. After all that, we decided to pick the First Response Triple Check Pregnancy Test as the best bet for most folks.
This box contains three tests: an early result pregnancy test, a rapid result test and a digital test. Based on our research, we believe this test is 99% accurate. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Early result can detect pregnancy 6 days early. That’s 6 days before the day of your missed period (or 5 days before day of your expected period).
• Rapid result test gives results in 60 seconds.
• Digital display test detects all 4 major forms of hCG, the hormone that is commonly found in the urine of pregnant women
• Made in USA.
• Easy to read, easy to use.
What Needs Work
• Check for expiration dates. Yes, pregnancy tests can expire—make sure the one you are using isn’t expired!