One thing you learn after writing and reviewing products for families and the home for 25+ years is this: always listen to the enthusiasts when it comes to big purchases.
Since outdoor ping pong tables are a big investment, we turned to the ping pong enthusiasts among our readership of our 17 books. We asked: which outdoor ping pong tables were easiest to assemble? To fold and unfold? Which had the best bounce?
For the best outdoor ping pong table overall, we pick Stiga’s XTR Series Table Tennis Table. It combined the best quality and ease of use. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Easy to assemble. But it is a two-person job, because of the weight!
• Good pounce from the aluminum composite table top.
• Folds and unfolds easily.
• Wheels lock for stability.
• Includes net.
• Good quality wheels.
What Needs Work
• No leveler. This is a big missing feature, unfortunately. Some tables have a leveler feature—if the ground is uneven, you can slightly move up or down one side. This table doesn’t have that, requiring you to use whatever is on hand to boost one side.
• Rust if left out in the weather. We realize this is an “outdoor” ping pong table—but that doesn’t mean it will won’t have issues if left out in the elements over time. The biggest issue: rust. Our advice: store this in a garage or shed in the off season!