For some reason, high chairs can get very pricey . . . some fancy models can run hundreds of dollars. But we have good news: here is a high chair that hits all the right notes, at a price that doesn’t break the bank: the Cosco Simple Fold.
As the name implies, it folds simply for storage—and that is a plus if you have a small kitchen.
Yes, it is a low price, but you still get a seat with wipeable seat pad, 3-position tray adjust, built-in leg rest and slim fold. This chair doesn’t recline, so you can’t use it for kids under six months. Also, the chair doesn’t have wheels but is easy to clean.
What We Liked
• Easy to assemble.
• Wide base = safe and sturdy. It’s basic high chair physics: in our testing, we know the wide bases of chairs like this are safe and sturdy.
• High weight limit: 50 lbs. That’s impressive.
• Standing, flat fold. This feature is important if you don’t have a lot of room in a kitchen—few high chairs have such a compact fold. And even fewer stand when folded.
• Lightweight—that makes it easier to move around, even if it doesn’t have wheels.
What Needs Work
• No deep seat recline means this high chair is best for babies who are six months old or older (or can sit up on their own).
• Not height adjustable. And there is no separate dishwasher-safe insert tray.
• Smaller babies can slump in the seat. In our testing, we noticed the slight recline of the seat can cause smaller babies to slump over in this chair. Again, it might be best if your baby can sit up unassisted before using this chair (that is usually around six months).
• Pad isn’t machine washable. You can only wipe the seat pad; it isn’t removable for washing.
• Doesn’t convert to booster seat or other use.