Before you purchase an electric fireplace TV stand, let’s go over a few tips we learned as we researched this topic (and heard from our parent readers).
First, all of these fireplace TV stands must be assembled—and typically that is a two-person job. It takes about one hour to assemble the average fireplace TV stand.
Second, measure your TV lengthwise BEFORE you make the purchase. Then compare the length to the top of the fireplace TV stand. This is important because some stands say they fit 50″ TV’s . . . but this can be hit or miss, as stands for TV’s can vary from model to model. So measure first!
Finally, if the fireplace TV stand you are purchasing has drawers and/or cabinet doors, put the hardware on first before you build the case. That makes it easier, as we learned!
For the best electric fireplace TV stand, we liked the farmhouse-inspired Belleze Fireplace Television Stand Console—excellent quality, nice look and easy to assemble. Plus the price is easy on the wallet.
What We Liked
• Good bang for the buck.
• Realistic looking “fireplace” (digital LCD screen).
• Fireplace also operates as an infrared heat source.
• Remote control for fireplace!
• Farmhouse chic style.
• Fits up to 50″ flat screen TV’s (always measure first, however.)
• Takes about an hour to assemble. Two persons are recommended. Tip: attach the cabinet hardware BEFORe assembling the whole unit! It’s easier that way.
• Adjustable shelves.
• Fireplace works with or without heat.
What Needs Work
• Shipping damage. This is acproblem with many TV fireplace stands, to be fair. That’s because these units often weigh 100 pounds or more. Our advice: open and inspect all the of the pieces immediately upon arrival. This stand is well-packed, but damage can still occur, unfortunately.
• Doesn’t work with larger TV’s. If you have a screen larger than 50″, we’d recommend our next fireplace TV stand pick.