Let’s be honest: cars can get funky when it comes to smells. Perhaps it was that ill-advised take out order . . . or just the regular mustiness that can set in after a while.
And as writers of parenting books, we’d be remiss if we didn’t note that kids sometimes get sick in their car seats. We’ll spare you the details.
A car diffuser can fill the vehicle with much more pleasant scents—and if you live in a dry climate, add some much needed humidity to the cabin air.
There are two basic kinds of car diffusers—those that fit into a cup holder, and those that are designed for a cigarette lighter (in cases where your cup holders are odd-sized or otherwise occupied).
For the best cup holder car diffuser, we liked InnoGear’s model UD50. It our tests it worked well and was easy to use. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• USB powered.
• Fits nicely into most cup holders.
• Lightweight at just under 5 ounces.
• Mist can be continuous or intermittent.
• Auto shut-off.
• Night light.
• Long cord, in case your USB port isn’t nearby.
What Needs Work
• Small reservoir = frequent refills. This car diffuser only holds a small amount of water. Yes, that can last about 3 hours on continuous mode. But you’ll need to refill often for constant use.