When we asked our readers for feedback on the best shaker bottles for protein drinks and smoothies, we realize there was a contingent of folks who preferred electric bottle shakers over the manual type.
For those folks, we’d recommend Voltrx’s electric shaker bottle—it performed best in our tests, while still being easy on the wallet. Here’s more:
What We Liked
• Good at mixing lighter protein drinks with cow’s milk.
• Rechargeable battery = travel/portable use! Yes, this bottle has a rechargeable battery which takes about 2 hours to charge—and then worked for 11 uses (days) in our tests. The company claims it can last for a month of normal use on a charge . . . that is a bit overly optimistic in our opinion.
• Disco lights blink while mixing.
• Can handle warm liquids up to 160 degrees. That’s unique, as most manual blender bottles are designed for cold shakes or smoothies. However, you don’t want to exceed that limit as the pressure can cause the seal to leak. We didn’t try that in our tests, but we’ll take the company’s word on it!
What Needs Work
• Must add powder after bottle starts mixing. This takes a bit more time.
• Could be more durable. We see scattered reports that this bottle stopped charging or mixing after six or so months of use. We were unable to verify this issue, as our tests were short term. We’ll update this review when we have more long-term testing to report.
• Not as effective at mixing thicker protein powder. While the motor of this shaker bottle did fine with most protein powder, we don’t think it has enough power to mix thicker powders (we are looking at you, peanut butter powder enthusiasts).
• Better with cow’s milk than other denser, nut-based milk in our opinion.