Munchkin has won several our test challenges in baby feeding utensils—and they topped the competition here as well. We liked Munchkin’s Stay Put bowls for babies and toddlers best among the different suction bowls we tried. Yes, we gathered actual toddlers in high chairs and put these bowls to the test!
Here’s why this pick out flanked the competition:
What We Liked
• 3 bowls in different sizes. We liked the bright colors, which made for nice pictures for those oh-so-cute baby feeding moments.
• Suction base with release tab—and they actually stuck! Surprisingly, many suction bowls fail at the suction thing.
• Microwave safe.
• Stackable. We also liked the little heart at the bottom of the bowl—nice touch.
• Dishwasher safe (top rack).
What Needs Work
• Can’t be sterilized.
• Doesn’t suction to all surfaces. When it came to different surfaces, Munchkin’s Stay Put bowls sometimes stayed put . . . and sometimes not. To be fair, this is a problem with all suction bowls. One tip: use a bit of moisture on the seal before you adhere the bowl to a surface.