When you have kiddos, one thing that is a constant is soap—and refilling the soap container!
When testing automatic or touchless soap dispensers, one factor distinguished those dispensers that were good from the great: how easy it was refill.
On that score, we thought Hanamichi’s soap dispenser was easiest: it fills from the top. Other dispensers fill from the bottom or have small openings . . . which always leads to a mess.
What We Liked
• Large, visible soap level.
• Overall nice aesthetic.
• On/off button.
• Not overly sensitive. Some of the dispensers we tested were so sensitive, they’d dispense soap when you are just near the sink. (Needless to say, those weren’t ones we’d recommend!).
• 13.5 ounce capacity.
• Waterproof base.
• Simple to use and refill. The top-loading design is superior, in our opinion.
What Needs Work
• Only 2 dispense level settings. Other dispensers we tried have three levels.
• Volume can be erratic. We didn’t see this issue when we tested, but see some reports that the amount of soap can vary over time.